I was trying to install the resource manager to setup some quotas through the server manager, when I was confronted with the following screen.
After a couple of searches on Google I found that the solution could be found in the System Update Readiness Tool (Windows 2008 R2 x64 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=C4B0F52C-D0E4-4C18-AA4B-93A477456336). After I installed Windows6.1-KB947821-v7-x64.msu, SUR was ran automatically in the background and generated the file C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.txt.
Checking System Update Readiness.
Binary Version 6.1.7600.20751
Package Version 9.0
Checking Windows Servicing Packages
Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs
(f) CBS MUM Corrupt 0x00000000 servicing\Packages\Package_for_KB2286198_RTM~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~220.127.116.11.mum Expected file name Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385.mum does not match the actual file name
Checking Package Watchlist
Checking Component Watchlist
Checking Component Store
Seconds executed: 388
Found 1 errors
CBS MUM Corrupt Total count: 1
Unavailable repair files:
Follow the steps below to fix the problem further:
- Download the update from the Microsoft site
- Extract the files from the update (you might want to rename the file extension to .cab)
- Extract the cab files within also
- Find the files that were corrupted or missing in the package and copy them to a separate location
Locate the corrupted files or open the folder of the missing files.
- Take ownership of the files and overwrite them with the extracted version
- Give ownership back to SERVICE\TrustedInstaller or just SYSTEM
Afterwards you should run the System Update Readiness Tool again. It should complete without errors. If so, the Roles and Features should be ok again.