Sysadminsblog.com Anything for sysadmins!

18Aug/110

Mailbox Import/Export Exchange cmdlets unavailable

The <verb>-MailboxExportRequest and <verb>-MailboxImportRequest cmdlets have been introduced in Exchange 2010 SP1 to simplify the export of messages directly into a PST file from PowerShell. The previous requirement to have Outlook and some other software installed on the exporting computer have been dropped and the whole export process has been moved to the Mailbox Replication Service (MRS). A small disadvantage is that the cmdlets are not available by default as you'll first need to define the proper permission to your role group.

I can write in detail how to add these permissions, but Microsoft has done this quite well already in this technet article: Add the Mailbox Import Export Role to a Role Group

This command will get you started:

New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Name "Import Export_Enterprise Support" -SecurityGroup "Enterprise Support" -Role "Mailbox Import Export"

18Aug/110

Unable to open PST file with mailbox import/export requests

I was trying to an export of a mailbox using the New-MailboxExportRequest CMDlet in Exchange 2010 SP1. However instead of creating a PST it gave me an error.

Unable to open PST file '\\Server\Exports\Test.pst'. Error details: Access to the path '\\ExServer1\Imports\Test1.pst' is denied.;

Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxReplicationService.RemotePermanentException: Access to the path '\\Server\Exports\Test.pst' is denied.

I was soon pointed into the right direction by a blog post by Tony Redmond. He indicated that because the Mailbox Replication Server (MRS) is running as LocalSystem it can't access a network share. By adding the Exchange Trusted Subsystem group to the share permissions you will give the LocalSystem account and therefore MRS access to the share.

4Aug/110

App-V error 4615186-19D0810A-10000005 after importing Adobe Photoshop CS5 sequence project

I created an App-V package of Adobe Photoshop CS5 using the App-V Sequencer. I already read that Adobe Photoshop CS5 was quite a hassle to get sequenced, so I followed a couple of advices I found through Google. The sequencing was actually quite smooth although lengthy. After importing the .sprj file into the Application Virtualization Management Console and starting a Server Refresh in the Application Virtualization Client it consistently refused.

The error I got was 4615186-19D0810A-10000005 which is actually quite well known in the App-V community so it seems.

The refresh, that usually takes a couple of seconds, timed out after 20 seconds. During that time it was showing the status Ongoing.

I did a LOT of debugging before I found the cause of the error. Enabling verbose logging on server and client didn't reveal anything more than I already knew.

[08/03/2011 16:18:50:149 MIME ERR] {tid=3E8:usr=<username>}

Failure on Desktop Configuration Server request to URL {rtsp://appv:554/} with header {Host: appv

Content-Type: text/xml

AppV-Op: Refresh

} (rc 19D0810A-10000005).

Solution

The solution was kind of a longshot, but removing all File Type Associations did do the trick. Afterwards I tried removing them a couple at the time, but I didn't find a specific one that was causing it all. Thankfully it was working when I removed everything but the PSD extension, as that's the bare minimum I wanted.

Filed under: App-V, Microsoft No Comments